Saturday, November 20, 2010

grandma, gramdpa

Grandmama, Grandpapa.

Remembering you sitting at your piano
and remembering me with a guitar in my hands.
That's my favorite picture of both you and I.
I miss all of those amazing times.
I remember you would always kiss me good night.
I wish you and grandpapa knew the other part of me.
I hope you're looking down with pride over me.
'cause I wish you were both here today.
You always said to keep my guitar playing going,
It will always be going just for you.
but not put to extremes 'cause
that's just not what I want to do.
I don't want to be in a band, tour the world playing guitar.
I want to tour the world dancing choreogrpahy.
living my dream, which I will some day.
and I'm sure that you'll still be happy for me.
I love to move with the music vibing through my veins.
and when I get home from those days,
i'll pick up the guitar and write a few songs
..just for myself and for you as well.
and I'll play them all the time before
I lay my head down to rest.
Bring your spirit down beside me..
listen to the sweet soft melodies.
I just thought of you and grandpapa this very morning
and just got so weak I couldn't hold it in.
So I let it all out, I let it all go.
I hope you both finally know the other part of me
if you've been looking over me. I love you.

Jan 8th 2010 - Joshua George

No comments:

Post a Comment