Saturday, November 20, 2010

Friends is what you said we are

There's nothing to do but let it fall.
I let our love fly out the window.
It's fading everyday.
I'm praying everyway
that our hearts will mend.
It don't depend.
They'll get better in time.
You let me leave you just like that.
That shows me how much you loved me
that you'd let me go just like that.
I want the best for you.
I'm not the best for you.
You didn't let me see completely through.

But when I close my eyes
I still see you there staring into mine.
It makes it harder but lets me know that you'll be there.
Will you, Will you still be there to talk to?
Will you, Will you still be there to help me through?
I know it's kind of harsh, I had to leave you now.
It was so hard on me, It was so hard keep on going
Because I didn't want to lead you on any longer than this.
I only ever Realized when I had opened up my eyes.
I looked at everything around me, I put it all together.
This is the only thing that's the best for the both of us.

Please don't hate, You say we're still great.
But since I left you, you just seem empty and cold.
Please let this friendship stay, not to another place.
You know what I told you before I left.
I'm hoping you'll remember and never forget it.

Yes I miss your face,
And yes I wished we could have stayed.
But things do change, and things get better.
When you said my name, I was so close to crying.
But now I'm strong, now I'm happy still.
We are moving on, we are staying strong.
In the end you and I will always be friends.
If that's what you told me, I wish you'd act more like it.


Joshua George - April 29th 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment